These non-structural columns are delivered with 3 finished sides and one loose side to attach. Choose between plain, fluted or paneled. Brackets and screws are included with each column for quick and easy installation. Simply snap around the existing column support. These exterior PVC columns are durable, weather resistant and low maintenance with no need for painting or caulking. They won’t rot or split like wood, are insect resistant and are sure to safeguard against expansion and contraction. Click here to Download/Print our Columns Flyer.
Finally, a low maintenance exterior PVC trim with architectural integrity your clients can count on.
For more information about Columns or other Trim Solutions products, click on the button below to contact us.
For a closer look at Trim Solutions’ Columns, watch the short video below:
1. Measure height of finished post in field.
2. If column needs to be cut to length, remove base and set aside.
3. Notice that the column is glued together on 3 sides with one side loose. Separate loose side from glued sides.
4. Cut column sides to desired length.
5. First slide in the 3 pc. column section, then apply supplied glue in lock mitre joint from top to bottom while getting none on the face of column. Install clamps on column as needed (every 24”). Slide down the top cap, exposing pre-drilled holes, and install screws through column and into porch beam. Place drops of supplied glue every 2-3” on top cap, then slide into top plate and hold for 10-15 seconds.
6. Once top cap is secured, plumb column down and mark on floor surface. Slide bottom cap up and install supplied screws through attached brackets to floor surface. Once secure, apply supplied glue to several areas on bottom of column all 4 sides, slide down cap and hold for 10-15 seconds.
CAREFUL OF GLUE… IT SETS VERY FAST… SEE BOTTLE FOR DETAILS.